Wednesday, February 16, 2011

One Cool Toddler

We have one cool toddler.



Having a toddler is pretty exciting...all the time. If I let go of his hand for one second, he will sprint in the other direction, find the only outlet not covered, pour milk all over himself and Elliot, try to slide headfirst into the snow, climb into the dishwasher, propel himself over the side of the tub headfirst into running water, and splash in every puddle until I have to drag him kicking upstairs to change both of our soaking outfits. Yes, those things actually happened in the last two days. I told Jordan last night that I needed to get some sleep to prepare for what James would do tomorrow. He's the sweetest little pumpkin in the whole world and showers us with a million kisses all day long but he is one active fearless rambunctious little man. He says some pretty hilarious things these days. Every single time he washes his hands or gets in the bath tub, he says "HOT...HOT!!" even if it's ice cold. He knows the name of lots of animals and especially loves elephants. And he says "Daddy bye" all day when Jordan is at school.

For example...he was extremely quiet this evening while I was making dinner. I came out of the kitchen to find this:



So long paper towel roll. :)

Fitting in a freelance article every week is tricky with this little guy. But my wonderful friend Callie told me that I would definitely rather have an active little boy who is crawling under the coffee table and sprinting around every where. She is right. I love my crazy little man.

2 comments:

  1. MC,
    Those are some of the funniest pictures of James I've ever seen! I am SO excited to see y'all in just a couple of weeks!!
    Hope y'all are able to get out of the house a bit more this week.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sweet james. i miss your face. tell mom new pics soon, k? :)

    ReplyDelete