Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blizzard Day


Chicago is in the midst of the biggest blizzard in years. They are forecasting up to 20 inches of snow in the next two days and Jordan just walked home from his train stop in 50 mile an hour wind. Chicago Public Schools are closed tomorrow for the first time in 12 years. It is crazy here!

All that to say that James and I spent the WHOLE day in our two bedroom apartment today. If you have had an active 15 month old before, I'm sure you can understand what a challenge that would be. But all in all, it was kind of nice to be forced inside all day. James actually had a blast because his mom was forced to get so creative! I took a couple photos of our day because I wanted to remember the blizzard day.

Blueberries for breakfast with messy hair


Watching the blizzard


James helped me make taco soup for dinner


We downloaded all the songs for Wiggleworms (our music class) and James learned the Hokey Pokey! He especially loves to turn himself around.


We pulled out all of our puzzles.


And did lots of work around the house


Took silly photos


We built a tent and read our books inside.


And finished the long day with a drink for mom. :) Thanks for the huggie, Lea and Ben! We are still celebrating your marriage 4 years later!

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! I love this and the final picture is awesome! Be careful out there Jordan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are precious Mary Catherine!
    that tent sure looks like a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete