Monday, April 18, 2011

Getting Creative

The weather lately has been tough on Campbell Family morale.


We get outside when we can but mostly, we've been getting creative! Jordan and I got James an art table for $1 at a garage sale and stocked our house with play-doh, crayons, doodle pads, stickers, etc. It's a fun diversion to have "craft time."




I've also found that baking is a fun thing for James and me to do together during a rainy/snowy afternoon. James loves to stand in a chair and help me knead dough or stir. I made a homemade sourdough starter and James and I made homemade wheat bread last week.

And, sometimes he does get pretty worn out! This was taken after James' buddy Jack left our house last week.


One great thing about Chicago is all the different museums, conservatories, friends' houses, indoor playground coffee shops, playplaces, etc. that we can visit when it's impossible to go outside. James even invented his own indoor wooden spoon golf game. Here's to hoping that the 10-day forecast improves soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment